Job Title: Commercial Cleaner (part time; permanent)
The Position –
Reporting to the Civic Centre Coordinator, the Commercial Cleaner will provide timely, thorough and efficient cleans of the rooms as required after rentals. This position is reasonably flexible but will require some full days of cleaning after larger events. You will work independently and as part of the team.
A very flexible and continuing part-time job or contract that will average 12-15 hours/week, with additional training hours at the start of employment, @$25/hr
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors
- Emptying & sanitizing trash cans (when needed)
- Servicing restrooms and wiping down all communal surfaces
- Replenishing all paper products as needed
- Tackle bi-annual deep cleaning, and heavy cleaning jobs upon request
- Notify building management of any repairs required. (Can text photo to Coordinator)
- Notify building management when supplies are needed. (List is kept in Janitors supply room downstairs when enough product is required, inform Coordinator what supplies are needed. It usually takes a week for product to arrive)
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities –
- A solid team player with the ability to work effectively independently – and with co-workers and the public
- Demonstrated experience with commercial cleaning
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery used in cleaning
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods
- Great organizational & communication skills required
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
- Need to be able to access Google Calendar to regularly check and see when the Centre is in use
- Clean part or all of the building as needed as soon after events as possible to accommodate last minute rental requests. At times there are quick turn arounds between events.
- Cleaners must fill in a time sheet for each cleaning day
To Apply –
- Please send a cover letter and your resume to Anna Powell at email@example.com
- Outline in your cover letter how you meet the skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
- Please include the names and phone numbers of two work related references from managers/supervisors of previous jobs you have held.
Kicking Horse Culture is a dynamic, non-profit, community arts council delivering on its mission to engage, energize and enrich the cultural life of Golden, BC – Kicking Horse Country. KHC owns and operates the Art Gallery of Golden, manages the Golden Civic Centre, and programs both a winter and summer performing arts season, with 48 events annually including the Snow King’s MasqueParade winter festival, a Christmas Craft Faire, a feature film series, and more!
Bring your energy, skills, and community spirit to Kicking Horse Culture. Our workplace values include teamwork, respectful work environment, stellar customer service, safety, and accountability. We celebrate diversity, great working relationships among all team members, and delivering valuable arts and cultural experiences to the community. Find us at: https://kickinghorseculture.ca