Organization Name: Kicking Horse Culture
Job Title: Events Coordinator (part time; permanent)
Kicking Horse Culture is a dynamic, non-profit, community arts council delivering on its mission to engage, energize and enrich the cultural life of Golden, BC – Kicking Horse Country. KHC owns and operates the Art Gallery of Golden, manages the Golden Civic Centre, and programs both a winter and summer performing arts season, with 48 events annually including the Snow King’s MasqueParade winter festival, a Christmas Craft Faire, a feature film series, and more!
Bring your energy, skills, and community spirit to Kicking Horse Culture. Our workplace values include teamwork, respectful work environment, stellar customer service, safety, and accountability. We celebrate diversity, great working relationships among all team members, and delivering quality to the community.
The Position –
Reporting to the Executive & Artistic Director, the Coordinator will provide superior front line customer and client service; manage Civic Centre rental bookings; plan and manage the coordination of projects and events; and liaise with other team members regarding administrative duties. You will work independently and as part of the team.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities –
- Ability to multi-task and effectively deal with competing priorities
- A solid team player with the ability to work effectively independently – and with co-workers and the public
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with creating excel spreadsheets, word processing, email and other general office and computer skills.
- Superior time management skills including experience planning and managing project timelines and deliverables
- Sound judgment and ability to make timely decisions and solve challenges effectively
A very flexible and continuing part-time job or contract that will average 12-15 hours/week, with additional training hours at the start of employment, @$25/hr
To Apply –
- Please send a cover letter and your resume to Bill Usher at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outline in your cover letter how you meet the skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
- Please include the names and phone numbers of three work related references from managers/supervisors of previous jobs you have held.